How much space do I need in a Marquee?
Space per square metre
|Number of Guests||Standing||Seated |
|Seated at Long Tables||Seated at Round Tables (10 per 5ft round)||Seated Banquet (8 per 5ft round)|
Bucks Marquees provides Framed Marquees
- A frame marquee has a semi rigid frame that provides great structural stability. We use thick PVC for the roofs and a mix of thick PVC and Panoramic walls. Our frames are made of steel and aluminium. They can also be known as “clear span” structures.
- Due to the frame structure they provide uninterrupted internal space which makes them extremely popular for a variety of events such as Weddings, Corporate parties, and private functions as they can be decorated to suit to clients needs.
- The solid frame allows for higher levels of accessories such as doors, heavier lighting, and hanging decorations. This enables the internal space to be customised and can give a high level of sophistication and comfort.
- Bucks Marquees only uses approved high quality framework and covers to ensure complete safety. They are fully fire regulated and wind regulated.
Choosing a hirer
- Do your research – There are many cheaper companies out there, but cheaper does not mean you will get the same standard or a safe structure. Check their website, social media, reviews, and ask around to see who else has used them. Trust feedback from local people.
- Experience – Do they have a good track record? Can you see evidence of recent customer feedback and reviews? Will they let you talk to a previous customer? Do they sound profressional when they answer your questions?
- Range of services – Do they offer more than just the Marquee? A good hirer will also have flooring, lights, tables, chairs, dance floors and other accessioies for you to hire. They should also have links with other local companies to provide things such as toilets and generators.
- Support – Who exactly is installing and taking down your Marquee? Will support be provided during your event? Can you call them? Bucks Marquees never outsouces our Marquees. They are always delivered, set up, and taken down by our trained staff. You can call Greg, the Director at any time if you have an issue.
- Price – We welcome price comparisons for like for like quotes, but be aware some companies will only stock one Marquee. They may be cheaper, but if issues occur your event is at risk. We have contingency Marquees and Tents to ensure if an issue occurs, we can still do your event.
- Payment terms – A deposit is the standard in the Marquee industry, but if a hirer asks you to pay upfront in order for a larger discount, they may be struggling financially. We only ask for one-third of the total amount to secure your booking.
Overall, do your research, ask to meet your hirer and trust your instincts.
We stock a large number of chairs to include our most popular Limewash Chiavari Chairs which have Pimlico Grey seat pads.
We purchased them from a local company, Rosetone, who are located in Bedford.
This enables us to hire additional chairs if needed. We also stock Gilt Chairs with Red seat pads, folding chairs and garden furniture.
We stock a range of 4′, round tables, 5′ round tables, 5’6″ round tables, 6′ round tables and 6′ trestle tables. These do not come with tables covers, so please hire them or purchase from a retailer such as Ikea.
We generally do not put the tables and chairs up as we find each customer has their own plans in terms of placement.
Flooring and Lighting
We offer a range of lighting to suit your event style. They include fairy lights, festoon lighting (indoor and outdoor), uplighters, chandelier lights. Depending on if you are having a Marquee or Party Tent, and if they are lined, will influence your options. We provide all the cables required and can provide dimmer switches if needed. We can also provide extra cabling for your DJ or caterers.
Our flooring works perfectly for any event. We offer hard plastic roll-out event flooring which when combined with carpet gives a great finish. It will keep any damp or soggy ground from coming through and gives a firm surface for your guests to walk on. If you pay our stock price, we will lay whatever colour we currently have. If you are having a Wedding and want a specific colour, we can order it in especially for your event.
Dance floor and stage
We currently stock parquet dance floors which go with any colour scheme. We can source other dance floors if you want a modern LED or coloured one and we only ever charge what we are charged. We do not add additional costs. We have a range of stages that are perfect for DJs and bands or if you want an elevated area for speeches.