The full Bucks Marquees Ltd Terms & Conditions as detailed below , are deemed to have been accepted when your booking has been made and accepted by us. Please be sure to read them before booking with us…
- Conditions: Unless expressly stated in writing all orders are accepted subject to the Terms and Conditions of Hiring stated below and the Hirer by authorising or allowing work to proceed is deemed to have acknowledged and accepted these Terms & Conditions this fact. The company’s quotation for hire charges is made on the assumption that the site on which the equipment is to be erected or to which goods are to be delivered is;
- Flat level firm ground with easy access for heavy motor transport and
- Has no drain pipes, cables, or other services buried beneath the surface or otherwise concealed. It is the hirer’s full responsibility to clearly inform Bucks Marquees Ltd of any services that may be in the ground on the site the marquee is to be erected prior to installation. Failure to inform Bucks Marquees, and in the event that any services may be damaged due to installing the marquee results in the hirer accepting full liability of any damage caused and therefore costs incurred due to the damage.
Should the site not comply with these requirements, the company may at its discretion either rescind the contract by giving verbal or written notice to the hirer or make additional hire charges. The company shall not be liable to the hirer for any loss damage or expense resulting from such a rescission of the contract. The hirer shall take all reasonable measures to keep the company’s equipment closed, dry, and secure while not in use during the period of hire. The hirer should not tamper with the structure or any part of the equipment and in particular not affix or suspend from the equipment any item whatsoever without the written consent of the company.
The hirer should not use any lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or electrical appliances of any kind without the previous written consent of the company.
- Handover: At the time of erection and handover, It is deemed the customer has accepted full liability and responsibility for the Bucks Marquees ltd equipment and for the full duration of the period of hire and up to and including the time of commencement of dismantling. If the hirer is not present or no representative available to complete the handover form then it is presumed they accept full liability and waive their rights to later complain about an issue with the location or condition of the Marquee or equipment. The hirer shall provide the company with a plan showing the position in which the marquees or equipment shall be erected or alternatively shall have a representative on the site for that purpose. If the hirer does not provide a plan or have a representative on-site, the company may erect the marquees and equipment where it considers fit and it shall be deemed to have performed the contract. Any wasted journeys due to absent representatives will be charged for. Deliveries left at unattended premises are left at the hirer’s risk.
- Period of Hire: The period of hire is understood to be the period for which the equipment is ready and available for use by the Hirer and the marquee will usually be erected at least one full day before the date of the event and removed the following day unless otherwise agreed at the time of booking. For long term hire a minimum period is to be agreed which will be confirmed and stated on the initial invoice. Invoices will be sent on a four-weekly basis thereafter the initial period/invoice and paid promptly as agreed. Failure to pay may result in Bucks Marquees Ltd terminating the contract without notice and removing all equipment without warning from the site. If the hirer wishes to terminate the contract before the agreed long term hires period, a notice of 4 weeks must be given and may be subject to a final charge which will variable and charged appropriately in accordance with hire periods, the initial term of the agreement and any loss, damage, or additional charges that Bucks Marquees Ltd may have incurred as a result of terminating the contract early. If the hirer wishes to extend the initial hire period, the contact will run of a four-weekly basis and all T’s & C’s apply.
- Site: On quotation of the price, it is assumed that the site is reasonably level and accessible by vehicle, and no obstruction either above or below ground are apparent. Drain pipes, cables, etc. Hire charges do not include making good or repairing any damage to the site caused by the marquee. The Hirer will make available a representative to show the desired location of the marquee. In the absence of a representative, the marquee shall be sited where it is thought fit.
- Erecting and Dismantling.: Included in the hire charge will be the provision for labour to erect and dismantle the marquee. Under no circumstances should the Hirer attempt to erect and/or dismantle the marquee.
- Loss and damage to the Marquee: During the period of the hire i.e. once the marquee is erected, the hirer is responsible for the maintenance and safe custody of the marquee and equipment. Appropriate insurance cover must be taken out by the hirer, please ask to confirm the cost of the Marquee and equipment to replace like for like, as new to ensure your insurance has the correct level of cover. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that all the equipment has been delivered and assembled satisfactorily before Bucks Marquees leave the site at the time of erection. The Hirer is not permitted to make any adjustments or alterations to the marquee. The Hirer is responsible for the closing of all doorways at the end of the event.1a. The hirer shall be responsible for and shall reimburse the company for any loss of or damage to all hired equipment whatsoever the cause unless the damage or loss is the fault of the company.
1b. The client must provide to the company proof of having arranged insurance in their name for their hired equipment at least seven days prior to the delivery date of the equipment; confirmation that the client’s household insurance policy covers the hired equipment would be sufficient for a household party. For commercial events, the adequate cover must be shown.
Please note that the client will remain responsible for and will reimburse the company for any loss of or damage to all hired equipment resulting from their negligence or criminal act. The client shall be responsible for and shall reimburse the company for any loss of or damage to all hired equipment whatsoever the cause unless the damage or loss is the fault of the company. The hirer is wholly responsible for all equipment on hire from the time of delivery until collection. He/she will be responsible for the safe custody of Bucks Marquees Ltd property on the site and will make good to the company all loss or damage to the company’s property or equipment hired or used on the site (other than fair wear and tear) including breakages and damage and loss due to theft or burglary. No guarantee can be given that equipment will be removed the following day. We cannot accept any items in place of those supplied. Goods at all times remain the property of the Bucks Marquees Ltd. The hirer shall during the period of Hire be responsible for the maintenance and safe custody of the company equipment from completion of erection until dismantling. The hirer must be satisfied with the equipment before use and should notify the company of any miscounts, incorrect deliveries, or unacceptable equipment before use.The company expects the hirer to take reasonable care of the equipment supplied. Damage, loss, or excessive soiling will be charged for in full.
- Force Majeure: While every effort will be made by Bucks Marquees Ltd to carry out any order accepted, the full performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation by the company consequent upon an act of God, war, strikes, riots, lockouts, epidemic, pandemics, or other labour disturbances, fire, flood, restrictions on the use of transport, fuel or power, requisitioning, terrorism, shortage of material or transport (including travel restrictions imposed as a result of) or labour or any other cause beyond the control of the company.
- Third-Party Liability: Bucks Marquees Ltd will not be responsible for and the Hirer will indemnify Bucks Marquees against all claims for the injury to persons or loss or damage to property, howsoever caused, unless it can be proved that such injury, loss or damage is the result of negligence on behalf of Bucks Marquees Ltd.
- Customer liability: as in point 6. above, the hirer is fully responsible and liable for the equipment during the hire period and as such, any damage or subsequent third party damage will be payable by the hirer. It is recommended that the hirer has adequate insurance in place to cover this. ( recommended cost of equipment replacement supplied on request) Whether the site complies with the foregoing requirements listed as above or not, the company shall not be under any liability whatsoever to make good any damage to the site nor shall the company be under any liability whatsoever in respect of damage to drains, pipes or cables or other services buried under the site or otherwise concealed or any consequential loss resulting from such damage. Furthermore, Bucks Marquees Ltd does not accept liability for the following;
- a) Unsuitable site. b) State of wind/weather. c) Loss or damage by fire or flood. d) Any lockout or strike. e) Any cause out of the company’s control.
- Cancellation: The Hirer may terminate the contract in writing at any time, however, the deposit/first installment is non-refundable and a charge based on the following conditions will apply:
–More than 28 days before the commencement of the hire period: 30%
–Up to 14 days: 70%
–Less than 14 days: 100%
SEE POSTPONEMENT CLAUSE BELOW
11. Payment: A deposit/first installment is due on acceptance of the written quotation, with the balance payable on the date of erecting. Bucks Marquees Ltd reserves the right to charge interest (at a rate of 4% above the base rate of National Westminster Bank Plc) on all monies outstanding 14 days after the date for payment both before and after judgment.Where the Hirer is a limited company then the directors named at companies’ house agree they will accept and incur personal liability for any fees or disbursements accrued by the limited company. Where the legal entity is an LLP then the named partner(s) who agreed the contract accept personal liability for any fees due to Bucks Marquees Ltd.In the event of non-payment or default in payment by the hirer in accordance with agreed terms, Bucks Marquees Ltd shall be entitled without prejudice to any other right or remedy to charge interest to either an individual, not a business or business, as set out in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 and subsequent amendments and add any reasonable legal fees and debt recovery charges in respect of all invoices which are not wholly paid by the due date. Bucks Marquees Ltd or those acting on its behalf will take all reasonable steps to recover payment.
12. We cover Milton Keynes, Northampton, Bedford, and surrounding areas. Travel charges may apply for events outside our “normal” business area but this will be explained before confirming a visit to quote.
13. If the hirer wishes to defer/postpone the date of their period of hire, they may do so without losing their deposit subject to availability and within 12 months from the original hire date. Additional charges may be passed on the hirer if any costs are incurred due to the moving of the date. Bucks Marquees ltd is happy to discuss each individual case with each customer in the event of being unable to find a suitable date.
14. Electrical Supply The hirer is responsible for ensuring that the venue has sufficient power supply, plug points, connectors, etc for the lighting, heating etc hired as well as any other requirements they may have.
15. Permits The hirer is responsible for giving notice to or obtaining all necessary permits from any authorities who are or may be concerned and must make an application were to the planning authority, district surveyor, police, fire brigade, and any similar authority or organisation. Any cost incurred in delays or modifications in the work arising from the absence of or misrepresentation of all such necessary permissions and permits shall be payable to the company by the hirer and shall be deemed to be part of the hire charge.
16. Variation of hire charges Bucks Marquees Ltd reserves the right to vary the quoted hire charges in the event of any increase taking place before or during the period of hire in the cost of labour, materials or transport.
Any client wishing to postpone an event, but not cancel entirely, will be able to do so at no extra cost providing that a new date is confirmed with the Company within 12 months of the original confirmed event date. New dates are issued on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability. The Company reserves the right to appoint dates that fall outside of the ‘high’ season. Any client wishing to postpone their event further than 12 months in advance will incur additional charges.
We will liaise with you a suitable time to ensure we both have enough set up time prior to guests arriving. We often set up large Marquees one to two days in advance.
Yes we do. Let us know what you need and we can provide or source suitable furniture
We have a great list of local business that we have previously worked with. They include: Photographers, Bands, Chair cover hire, Crockery and cutlery, Lightning. Everything you need for a successful event. See Suppliers